Bounded by Nepal in the north, Supaul is a flood-affected area due to the presence of the Kosi river.
- Improved capacity to govern and manage a government led system for quality assurance in the health sector.
- Strengthened institutional capacity and embedded systems to create a pool of skilled health workers.
- Increased capacity of the government to work with private sector providers.
- Improved procurement and supply chain management systems.
- Stronger public financial management systems.
Located in north Bihar, Sheohar is a highly flood-prone district due to the Bagmati and Gandak Rivers. People grow mainly paddy, maize and wheat.
Located in north-east Bihar, Purnea lies in the fertile Gangetic plains as rivers Kosi and Mahananda irrigate the region.
Located in north Bihar on the border of Nepal, Madhubani has rich clayey soil suitable for paddy and sugarcane cultivation.
Located in the plains of river Kosi in north-east Bihar, Madhepura is frequently hit by droughts in summer as well floods in the monsoon.
Located in north-east Bihar, Kishanganj touches Nepal on the north and is very close to Bangladesh. It is the only tea producing district of Bihar.
Located in south-east Bihar, Jamui is resource rich with abundant reserves of mica, coal, gold and iron ore.
Located in south Bihar, Gaya is a tourist destination which gets its name from the mythological demon Gayasur.
Locate in south-east Bihar, Banka has been made fertile by rivers Chanan, Orhni, Belharni and Barua.
Located in noth-east Bihar, Araria is an important district as it shares its border with Nepal.